Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pantone 2013 Color of the Year: Emerald

I love emerald green, my eyes are green so whenever I wear it I feel like they pop. Anyways, Pantone came out with their 2013 color of the year and this year it's emerald! Woo! Here's a few ways to incorporate the pretty green into your wardrobe this year:

Everyday Emerald


I love colored jeans. I already have a pair of dark green ones, I need to invest in a pair of lighter ones for spring. I love leopard too, and its really popular right now. Here's a good everyday way to wear emerald. I would totally wear this to class or on the weekend. And a nice breezy blouse tucked into a pair of jeans and belted with some comfy flats would be great and cute outfit for casual days.

Dressy Green


I really want a dress in this style. Add some nice heels and a blazer with neutral accessories and it would be a really great/classy outfit for spring. I have work, and presentations quite a lot and this would be the perfect outfit for something like that. Nude heels are so versatile that everyone should have a pair, and with this outfit keep everything else neutral to let the green really pop!

Splashes of Green


I'm pretty sure everyone has an outfit similar to this one. I know this is similar to my everyday uniform. By adding green accessories to outfits that are already in your closet, it a great and inexpensive way to stay on trend with the color of the year. Grab an emerald scarf, a cute pair of shoes, a nice belt, or even nail polish or eyeshadow to spice up your everyday uniform!

(all collages made with polyvore)