Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!! :)

Hey guys! I thought I'd make a Christmas post since it's Christmas Eve and all, and I have super cute nails! :) Here's what I've been up to this holiday season!


This is our apartment Christmas tree! We had a few other decorations, but not that many since our apartment is so small, but our tree was super cute! (I took it down before break...)




I was quite proud of myself for these cupcakes that I took to a cookout. They're Dr. Pepper cupcakes with homemade Dr Pepper buttercream icing. Heres' what I did: Put a can of Dr. Pepper in with a box of german chocolate cake mix and filled cupcake tins about 1/2 full, and baked them for 20 minutes. For the icing I creamed 2 sticks of softened butter, 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, a few tbsp of Dr. Pepper and a 1 lb bag of powdered sugar. The icing was super thick so i was able to mold it on the top like that. To finish it off I added a cherry on top!




A couple weeks ago my mom found three kittens under our neighbors house that had been living there for a while. This one is solid white, and she is super soft and sweet. I put a red bow on her today and it was super cute, except she kinda freaked out a little...and wouldn't go sit under the Christmas tree like I wanted her to. But I was able to snap a cute enough picture of her with the bow. Isn't she adorable! :)




And of course, my Christmas nails! First I painted my nails with Kennelbunk-Port by OPI, and after I let that dry I painted the tips with a gold sharpie. I was just gonna leave it as a french manicure...but I messed it up, so I painted just the tops with the gold glitter polish (Only Gold for Me by OPI for Sephora), to give it a nice ombre effect. I really like how it turned out! Sometimes mistakes are for the best! :)


Anyways...Merry Christmas you guys! Be looking for a Christmas Haul sometime tomorrow or later! :)